SSO settings will be reflected across the entire environment, and you cannot set up SSO only to specific accounts.
If you are already signed in to Google services through other SSO services or directly with Google password, the CloudGate sign on screen will not appear unless the Google session has expired. Therefore, it is recommended to conduct the SSO switching test at a time when users do not newly sign on to Google. (For example: during lunch time, after or before the core time, etc.)
It is possible to sign on to the User Hub before switching SSO.
The content may be limited, but you could check the following in the User Hub.
User Hub: https://green.cloudgateoncloud.com/sso/＜Customer ID＞/
- Signing on / off from CloudGate UNO
- Changing password
- Access restriction by security profile setting in CloudGate UNO
- User Device / Organization Device Registration
For contents which need SSO switching, please test them after setting up SSO.
- Redirection from Google URL to SSO
- Signing on to Google via SSO
- iOS Sync, Android Sync, and other tools supporting SAML2.0